It’s Saturday Night –
time for more Genealogy Fun!
Your mission, should you decide to accept it (cue the Mission Impossible music here) is to:
1) Who is your current favorite ancestor to research and why? [Thank you to Linda Stufflebean for suggesting topics!]
Who is my favorite ancestor to research?
Why, JAMES CRAWFORD, of course!
The word cloud created by the categories I assign to my blog posts gives away the fact that I have written much more about my CRAWFORD research than any other topic.
One might ask, which JAMES CRAWFORD? and I would have to reply any/all of the five who seem to get ‘tangled up’ with each other in early Kentucky.
- Rev. James Crawford of Lexington, KY
- James and wife, Sarah VanZandt of Fleming County, KY
- James and wife, Rebecca Anderson on Garrard County, KY and Jefferson County, IN
- James and wife Martha Knight of Garrard County, KY, Preble County OH and Warren County, IN
- and then there’s my line: James and wife Sally Smith Duggins or Garrard County, KY and Preble County OH
See my ‘Untangling James Crawford‘ page for more information on these five lines.
So why is James Crawford my favorite?
- First, Crawford is my dad’s line
- Second, it is challenging!
- Third, I’ve always hoped to find a revolutionary war soldier in this line.
While I haven’t done much Crawford research in the past few months, that research will be my primary focus when I achieve my 2022 goals.